- This event has passed.
The Committee on the Judiciary & Public Safety & the Committee of the Whole will hold a Public on the following Legislation:
- The Recommendations of the D.C. Police Reform Commission
- B24-94, the “Bias In Threat Assessments Evaluation Amendment Act of 2021”
- B24-107, the “Metropolitan Police Department Requirement Of Superior Officer Present At Unoccupied Vehicle Search – No Jumpout Searches Act of 2021”
- B24-112, the “White Supremacy In Policing Prevention Act of 2021”
- B24-213, the “Law Enforcement Vehicular Pursuit Reform Act of 2021”
The Committees invite the public to provide oral and written testimony. Public witnesses seeking to provide oral testimony at the Committees’ hearing must thoroughly review the following instructions:
- Anyone wishing to provide oral testimony must email the Committee on the Judiciary and Public Safety at email@example.com with their name, telephone number, and organizational affiliation and title (if any), by the close of business on Friday, May 14, 2021.
- The Committees will approve witnesses’ registrations based on the total time allotted for public testimony. The Committees will also determine the order of witnesses’ testimony.
- Representatives of organizations will be allowed a maximum of five minutes for oral testimony, and individuals (and any subsequent representatives of the same organizations) will be allowed a maximum of three minutes.
- Witnesses are not permitted to yield their time to, or substitute their testimony for, the testimony of another individual or organization.
- If possible, witnesses should submit a copy of their testimony electronically in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Witnesses who anticipate needing language interpretation are requested to inform the Committee on the Judiciary and Public Safety as soon as possible, but no later than five business days before the hearing. The Committees will make every effort to fulfill timely requests; however, requests received fewer than five business days before the hearing may not be fulfilled.