Transportation and the Environment: B20-61, B20-177, B20-231, B20-275, B20-279
- Bill 20-61, the Non-Driver's Identification Card/Driver's Licensed Amendment Act of 2013, would prohibit the Mayor from requiring a Social Security number from residents who apply for a driver's license or identification card.
- Bill 20-177, the Older Adult Driver Safety Amendment Act of 2013, would lower from 55 or 50 the eligible age for residents to take a driver safety course that qualifies them for an insurance discount, allow the course to be taken online, and reduce the required hours for course.
- Bill 20-231, the Veteran Status Designation on Driver's License Amendment Act of 2013, would require the District to indicate a resident's veteran status on his or her driver's license.
- Bill 20-275, the District of Columbia Drivers Safety Amendment Act of 2013, would authorize the Mayor to issue a driver's license to a person who is unable to present documentation authorizing the person's presence in the country.
- Bill 20-279, the Commercial Driver's License Skills Test Amendment Act of 2013, would decrease the time that an applicant must wait to retake a commercial driver's license skills test and increase the number of times a year that an applicant may take the test.
The Committee invites the public to testify or to submit written testimony, which will be made a part of the official Hearing Records. Anyone wishing to testify should contact Ms. Aukima Benjamin, staff assistant to the Committee on Transportation and the Environment, at (202) 724-8062 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons representing organizations will have five minutes to present their testimony. Individuals will have three minutes to present their testimony. Witnesses should bring 8 copies of their written testimony and should submit a copy of their testimony to email@example.com.
If you are unable to testify in person, written statements are encouraged and will be made part of the official record. Copies of written statements should be submitted to Ms. Aukima Benjamin, staff assistant to the Committee on Transportation and the Environment, John A. Wilson Building, 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 108, Washington DC 20004. They may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (202) 724-8118. The record will close at the end of the business day on Wednesday, May 29, 2013.